To empower parents with information and resources, enabling them to meet the needs of their children with dyslexia. To Raise Awareness on the large number of children with dyslexia and their silent struggles. To Shape Policy that will create a learning environment so every child can reach their potential.
Decoding Dyslexia Missouri is advocating for:
- A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
- Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
- Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
- Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
- Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
We hope to create a collective voice in Missouri and across the country with one mission – to improve awareness and educational resources for students with dyslexia.